Job Description: Fire and Security Engineer
Reports to: Operations Manager
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and motivated, Fire and Security Engineer to join Aberdeen Technical Services.
The Fire & Security Engineer will act as part of the Maintenance and Commissioning department but also liaise with other members of staff throughout the organisation. The successful candidate should represent a professional image at all times.
40 HOUR PER WEEK, MONDAY TO FRIDAY. Some weekend and evening work may be required, as well as taking part in the ‘on call’ rota.
These will include, but are not limited to, the installation, maintenance and servicing of fire, security, and other associated systems; carrying out remedial works according to work schedules and targets; testing and commissioning of systems; offering professional advice and guidance; building strong relationships with customers and clients.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Fire, Security, and Intruder Alarms in conjunction with Door Access Control
- Knowledge and experience of working with CCTV Systems
- Knowledge and experience of Refuge & Disabled Alarm Systems
- Good problem solving/analytical skills
- A full, UK Driver’s Licence
- A willingness to participate in a standby/call-out rota which involves working evenings and weekends
- To have the ability to form good working relationships with colleagues, customers and outside bodies
- To have the ability to understand and disseminate specifications and technical drawings
- To be able to display initiative and to have strong attention to detail
- To be highly result orientated with a strong drive to deliver/succeed
- Knowledge of various fire detection systems and software
- Knowledge and experience of BS7671:2008+A3:2015 IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition
- Knowledge and experience of BS5839:1-2013 Fire Detection and Fire Alarms Code of Practice
- Knowledge and experience of BS4737-4 Intruder Alarm Systems in buildings
A competitive basic salary, company pension and company vehicle.
How to apply:
Please send full CV to [email protected]